Monday, July 1, 2013

Camden Yards

Baltimore


I love going to different ballparks all over the country to watch baseball but more importantly taste ball park food, especially to sample regional hot dogs. One of my favorite yearly trips when I lived in NYC was to drive to Camden Yards to see the Orioles lose to my White Sox.



Camden Yards is the coolest stadium I've been to. It was the first to be designed "old-school" when all the ballparks were getting facelifts. I love the new Comisky (I refuse to call it The Cell) but they missed the boat when designing the exterior. I mean, look at Camden...


Okay, let's get to the important part -- the food! Camden Yards has excellent hot dogs and Polish sausages. I can't believe they can get away with calling their stand "Polack Johnny's"


 

Camden Yards also has incredible pulled pork in the outfield and fresh soft homemade pretzels. I completely pig out when I go here because among the parks I've been to, it has the second best food (Comisky's is amazing and I'll post pics after I go to a game in August).

Here's me stuffing my face like an animal at Camden Yards...


I've been to Camden with my friend Paul, my ex Sophie and best of all my dad and I did a road trip from NYC together I will never forget. We stopped along the way and had fresh crab at the famous Cantler's near Annapolis. Then we pigged out in our amazing seats at Camden. The Orioles used to be so bad that you could get first row behind the White Sox dugout for $70. At Yankee stadium those seats would be $1500.

Here's some awesome shots from that incredible trip, my amazing brother Brett (I call him Bert) caught us on TV and took screen shots...





No comments:

Post a Comment