Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hot Dogs in Breaking Training

Scottsdale, Ariz.

I've been to Spring Training about five times to see my beloved Chicago White Sox. When I travel I always like to scope out the best local hot dog. But during spring training I'm watching baseball all day and we usually go out for a nice dinner. So I haven't discovered the best local hot dog yet.

What I can report is that the hot dogs at Camelback Ranch, where the Sox play, are outstanding. First of all, they ship in Vienna Beef, so that's not a stick in the eye.


But they also have a local delicacy, The Sonoran Dog! Which is basically a taco on a hot dog. Salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and bacon. I ate this whole thing without a fork and it was all over my face and my clothes. Everyone around me was laughing at what a fat slob I was.


Luckily my boys in black didn't notice because they were busy winning. Which hasn't happened since Spring Training. They are in last place and totally stink. But I still love them. And hot dogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment